commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [CLI] All those trunks
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 18:13:12 GMT
> On 6/6/07, Rahul Akolkar <rahul.akolkar@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hen,
> >
> > Looks like the cli-1.0.x branch is on its way. IMO, we should remove
> > the other two from trunks-proper.
>
> We could remove the avalon one. I don't think there's any sign that
> it'll ever have a release or development.
>
> The 2.x one is a tricky one. Once 1.1 is released we need to decide if
> 2.0 is the way forward etc; so I'd like to leave that one there if I
> could. Effectively we have two CLI components running in parallel at
> the moment.

<snip/>

IMO we don't, until we release both (ATM, there are branches where
some potentially successful experiments have been done, doesn't mean
adding all of those to trunks-proper is of any value -- folks should
just be checking out branches directly to work on them). In other
words, we may be getting ahead of ourselves here.

-Rahul