commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Brian A. Egge" <briane...@yahoo.com>
Subject Re: [cli] Minimum JDK version for 1.1?
Date Thu, 07 Jun 2007 00:12:01 GMT
I think the current snapshot of CLI 1.1 is a significant improvement over the last binary released.
 I've found a fixed a few minor issues lately, but it's been fairly painless to work around
the issues in the past.  I think we should move for a release as soon as we can get CLI 1.1
to compile under JDK 1.3 and test for binary compatibility.

-Brian

Henri Yandell  wrote: Yeah, Checkstyle seem big enough to not want to mess with their
dependencies for a bugfix release.

So I guess we need to figure out the broken build.xml under 1.3. Given
that the website will come from Maven1, might just be that the
junitreport bit can be yanked out (if that's the bit that causes the
need for an xml api). Though I don't get why the xml-api I had wasn't
working for it.

You're still finding issues Brian, do you think we should hold off or
do you think the current set of issues are it for the moment?

Hen