commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release commons-sandbox-parent 1
Date Sat, 23 Jun 2007 17:46:01 GMT
> On 6/23/07, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>
> > This will be the first release and is important because it enables
> > reproducible builds and site generation for the sandbox components.
>
> Since you have a policy against releasing sandbox components, why not
> just deploy snapshots of the sandbox parent pom, and advance to the
> next snapshot version (without a release) when there is a change?

I guess the issue there is that you then have to add the snapshot repo
explicitly just to *build* a sandbox component or generate its web
site.  We want to force people to do that if they *depend* on sandbox
jars, but just building a sandbox component should not require it IMO.

As I said above, I see the sandbox parent pom as a commons release,
not a sandbox release, since it is part of the infrastructure of
commons.  What Dennis wants to release is not a snapshot, but a stable
release of this part of commons infrastructure, just like the
commons-parent pom.

Phil