commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Ben Speakmon" <bspeak...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [GUMP@vmgump]: Project commons-email (in module jakarta-commons) failed
Date Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:32:06 GMT
> Firstly doing a svn checkout of subethasmtp requires a user/password -
> guest/guest works - but not sure how to configure the repository
> descriptor in gump for that as I couldn't find an subversion example
> of that in other descriptors.
>
> Secondly the subethasmtp builds use JDK 1.5 to create standard jars
> and then a <retroweaver> ant task to produce JDK 1.4 compatible jar
> flavours - which is what Commons Email needs - not sure if that
> presents any issues for gump?

To be clear, commons-email only uses subethasmtp and wiser at test time;
they are NOT runtime dependencies. For all practical purposes, they may as
well be junit libraries.

Given that, do we still want to build the 1.2 branch (or trunk) of
smtp/wiser from source every night and use it with commons-email, even
though commons-email's use of it is not going to change except at our
say-so? Is it okay if we just treat it as a binary (with source available,
of course) dependency?