commons-dev mailing list archives

From Vadim Gritsenko <va...@reverycodes.com>
Subject Re: [vote] releasing jci RC4 as 1.0
Date Sat, 16 Jun 2007 03:19:31 GMT
Torsten Curdt wrote:

>> These look good, +1.

>> I found problem with missing LICENSE and NOTICE files in:
>>   commons-jci-core-1.0-javadoc.jar
>>   commons-jci-core-1.0-tests.jar
>>   commons-jci-eclipse-1.0-javadoc.jar
>>   commons-jci-examples-1.0-javadoc.jar
>>   commons-jci-fam-1.0-javadoc.jar
>>   commons-jci-groovy-1.0-javadoc.jar
>>   commons-jci-janino-1.0-javadoc.jar
>>   commons-jci-javac-1.0-javadoc.jar
>>   commons-jci-rhino-1.0-javadoc.jar
>
> The files in those jars do include a license header in the package
> files. And I don't know of any (maven based) project including those two
> files explicitly inside those jars.

They are included in all the other files. Wouldn't it be trivial to add into
these files as well? It would be like couple of lines in ant... ;-)

> https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/jci/tags/1.0-RC4/core/src/main/java/org/apache/commons/jci/listeners/package.html

:)

>> License header is missing in files:
>>   commons-jci-1.0-site.xml
>
> Seems like maven stripped the license:
>  https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/jci/tags/1.0-RC4/src/site/site.xml

> But I personally don't see that as a blocker.

Probably not.

>>   maven-metadata.xml (multiple files in different locations)
>
> This is only repository metadata generated by maven.
>
> So release like that?

Well definitely +1 for releasing tar.gz/zip files as they check out just fine;
but I don't know a thing about maven so I'm here in the dark - should those be
considered "release artifacts" or no? Shrug...

Vadim