commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Thrys√łe <...@conscius.com>
Subject commons-logging classloading
Date Thu, 14 Jun 2007 15:36:02 GMT
Hello,

I'm having trouble with commons-logging in a scenario where I am
embedding tomcat's jasper in another servlet container.

I keep getting the exception about commons-logging being available from
multiple classloaders.

This seeems to be caused by LogFactory using the ContextClassLoader
instead of the classloader that loaded Log and LogFactory. (In this case
the classloader that loaded jasper.

Therefore I cannot seem to get my JSPs loaded and executed with my
webapp classloader, as commons-logging is distributed with both the
servlet container and the webapp in question.

Is there any way to force commons-logging to use a specific classloader,
or any other good ideas on how to use jasper with a webapp that contains
commons-logging?

Thanks,

-dennis