commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Thrys√łe <...@conscius.com>
Subject Code donation
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 09:47:50 GMT
Hello,

Oliver suggested that I post this mail here:

I would like to donate an implementation of some transaction enabled
collections and resources.

The implementation is (more or less) JTA compliant, and mostly finished.
It is not well-tested, robust or mature.

The code includes:

1) TX collections: Map, Set and List wrappers for transactional
protection/isolation. Supported nested collections such that for
instance a List or Set in a transactional Map is wrapped in the
appropriate wrapper. Copy-on-tx-start and locking.

2) TX object model: An object is passed to the wrapper and after that
only used when retrieved from the wrapper. The object is wrapped in a
dynamic proxy which makes sure all returned objects from reachable
instances are also wrapped. Copy-on-write and locking. I have some
additional ideas on this one.

3) A number of tests for the above, that are unfortunately built with
out internal concurrent test-framework (but as junit tests though).

I have submitted TRANSACTION-16 and attached the source code with an
intellij project file.

Let me know what you think, and we can discuss it further...

-dennis