commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Thrys√łe <>
Subject Code donation
Date Fri, 08 Jun 2007 09:47:50 GMT

Oliver suggested that I post this mail here:

I would like to donate an implementation of some transaction enabled
collections and resources.

The implementation is (more or less) JTA compliant, and mostly finished.
It is not well-tested, robust or mature.

The code includes:

1) TX collections: Map, Set and List wrappers for transactional
protection/isolation. Supported nested collections such that for
instance a List or Set in a transactional Map is wrapped in the
appropriate wrapper. Copy-on-tx-start and locking.

2) TX object model: An object is passed to the wrapper and after that
only used when retrieved from the wrapper. The object is wrapped in a
dynamic proxy which makes sure all returned objects from reachable
instances are also wrapped. Copy-on-write and locking. I have some
additional ideas on this one.

3) A number of tests for the above, that are unfortunately built with
out internal concurrent test-framework (but as junit tests though).

I have submitted TRANSACTION-16 and attached the source code with an
intellij project file.

Let me know what you think, and we can discuss it further...

The information in this email is confidential and may be legally protected.

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message