commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release CLI 1.1
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 18:12:53 GMT
On 6/13/07, Stephen Colebourne <scolebourne@btopenworld.com> wrote:
> [...]
more details.

Given all the agreement on the other thread....

*sulks like a 2 year old*

Time to figure out the history of these changes then. Looks like Brian
and Ben have got the clone one moving along. Fields will be easy to
put back. The interface will be weird.

However.... the addValue is still one that I think needs to be
considered as a special case. People should NOT use that method. It
screws things up.

We could keep the public method and change it to throw a
RuntimeException of some kind; and then use a package private method
with a different name. How does that sound?

Hen