commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] 3rd attempt: Release commons-io 1.3.2
Date Wed, 13 Jun 2007 05:35:50 GMT
On 6/6/07, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a new distribution and a new site which you find at
>
>     http://people.apache.org/~jochen/commons-io/dist

* PGP matches (once I found your key in the FileUpload KEYS file)
* MD5 fails - as someone else mentioned, the .md5 is the wrong format.
* tar.gz files match zips for structure.
* src unpacks (not into a -src, not a blocker for me)
* Builds happily under m1, m2 and ant (jdk 1.5).

The build failed under 1.3 (ant). It was a failed test. My machine's
fan was whirring away and the errors are rather worrying:

    [junit] java(1510,0x82012600) malloc: *** error for object
0x80d00910: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably
modified after being freed, break at szone_error to debug
    [junit] java(1510,0x82012600) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in
szone_error to debug

and

    [junit] java(1476,0x82018000) malloc: *** error for object
0x82001c00: incorrect checksum for freed object - object was probably
modified after being freed, break at szone_error to debug
    [junit] java(1476,0x82018000) malloc: *** set a breakpoint in
szone_error to debug

so something to ignore on your part. I on the other hand am going to
backup pronto.

If someone could confirm that they've built under 1.3 for Ant (or did
we move to 1.4?).

>     http://people.apache.org/~jochen/commons-io/site

In Opera I got broken images on this page.

http://people.apache.org/~jochen/commons-io/site/changes-report.html

Same on this useless looking report (in that it will always be out of date):

http://people.apache.org/~jochen/commons-io/site/jira-report.html

Generally I think site issues should never spark a need to revote; but
because the website gets put in the download it will come down to
whether you feel it needs fixing in the download.

Personally I feel that when voting on a new rc dist, the previous +1s
still count (by lazyness) and its really about converting the -1s over
to +1s.

I'm -1 with respect to the md5s. Presuming you did them by hand, it's
something you can easily fix without rerolling anything. Even if not,
I'd just fix them by hand anyway.

I'm -0 on the validator bit meaning a reroll. I dislike how Maven1
puts the site in the binary and am looking forward to doing a Maven2
build and finding a way to only put the real docs in the binary
(javadoc, release notes and user guide).

Hen