commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Kevin Waugh" <kevin.wa...@gmail.com>
Subject [betwixt] empty string bug and fix
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 17:16:50 GMT
Hello I was directed to send this patch here.

Description of bug:  Write a bean with an empty string property to xml
using elements for primitive types and then read the bean back in.
The bean that was read will have a null string, not an empty one.

Description of fix: The stringToObject method of
ConvertUtilsObjectStringConverter does not adhere to the description
in the javadoc. (Even after the patch I guess it technically still
doesn't, but that's another story).

It's a one line fix, but I attached a patch against the latest
subversion snapshot anyway.

Thanks,

 - Kevin