commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [functor] revival WAS Functor Users / Project Management?
Date Wed, 30 May 2007 16:34:38 GMT
On 5/30/07, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Pete--
>
>   I could be interested in being the Jakarta commons
> conduit for a revival of the functor code.  According
> to the jakarta website, "A revival of a Commons
> Dormant component must be preceded by a VOTE on the
> commons developers mailing list."  Is there a general
> feeling on-list as to whether the vote should be held,
<snip/>

I think its good to have the vote as suggested (after any preliminary
discussion here). While its a lower bar than sandbox graduation, I
think its useful to gauge interest and makes it harder for the change
to slip under people's radar etc. As an aside, I do not have any
cycles to help with functor ATM.

-Rahul