commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] parent pom repositories
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 15:36:57 GMT
On 5/16/07, Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@apache.org> wrote:

> As we talked about on how to do release on at commons I am wondering
> if these profiles really make sense:
>        <id>rc</id>
>        <distributionManagement>
>          <repository>
>            <id>apache.snapshots</id>
>            <name>Apache Development Snapshot Repository</name>
>            <url>${commons.deployment.protocol}://people.apache.org/
> www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>

Briefly, in no particular order...

Stage each release in a separate repository, such as
people.a.o/builds/commons/[project name]/${version}/m2-staging-repository

There is a utility for promoting staged releases to the rsynced repo.
(Actually for merging one repository into another, including the
metadata.)

The latest release of the gpg plugin will prompt for a passphrase if
one is not supplied.

Signing the release distributions... The gpg plugin will sign them if
you deploy them to the repository (attached assemblies).  There's a
bit of renaming and copying to do that I haven't figured out how to
automate yet.  Then you have to decide if you want the distributions
in the Maven repo.

--
Wendy