commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [all] parent pom repositories
Date Thu, 17 May 2007 17:03:40 GMT

On 17.05.2007, at 17:36, Wendy Smoak wrote:

> On 5/16/07, Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@apache.org> wrote:
>
>> As we talked about on how to do release on at commons I am wondering
>> if these profiles really make sense:
>>        <id>rc</id>
>>        <distributionManagement>
>>          <repository>
>>            <id>apache.snapshots</id>
>>            <name>Apache Development Snapshot Repository</name>
>>            <url>${commons.deployment.protocol}://people.apache.org/
>> www/people.apache.org/repo/m2-snapshot-repository</url>
>
> Briefly, in no particular order...
>
> Stage each release in a separate repository, such as
> people.a.o/builds/commons/[project name]/${version}/m2-staging-
> repository

So it should be

          <id>rc</id>
          <repositories>
             <repository>
                <id>rc</id>
                <url>http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/$
{project.name}/${project.version}/m2-staging-repository</url>
             </repository>
          </repositories>

> There is a utility for promoting staged releases to the rsynced repo.
> (Actually for merging one repository into another, including the
> metadata.)

Cool. So the process should become

  mvn release:prepare -Prc
  mvn release:perform -Prc -Darguments="-Prc"

  [vote]

  mvn stage:copy \
        -Dsource="http://people.apache.org/builds/commons/$
{project.name}/${project.version}/m2-staging-repositoryg" \
        -Dtarget="scp://people.apache.org/www/people.apache.org/repo/
m2-ibiblio-rsync-repository" \
        -Dversion=${project.version}

  Any chance to have the project name and version injected
automatically there?

> The latest release of the gpg plugin will prompt for a passphrase if
> one is not supplied.

Great ...last time I tried it did not work for me (although it was
supposed to according to the docs)

> Signing the release distributions... The gpg plugin will sign them if
> you deploy them to the repository (attached assemblies).  There's a
> bit of renaming and copying to do that I haven't figured out how to
> automate yet.

WDYM? ...seems like the signing worked just fine for the jci RC1.

>   Then you have to decide if you want the distributions
> in the Maven repo.

WDYM? The usual artifacts? Sure!

Not so sure what to do with the bin/src dists from the assembly though.

cheers
--
Torsten