commons-dev mailing list archives

From Torsten Curdt <tcu...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [vote] releasing jci RC2 as 1.0
Date Tue, 29 May 2007 22:47:55 GMT
>> Where should I put it / add my key?
>
> Sorry, no idea where they are supposed to go in commons.
>
> You could just put the file in the top level of the project for now
> and move it later if need be?

Done

http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/jci/tags/1.0-
RC2/KEYS.txt

>> > Also where is the web-site?
>>
>> Sorry - thought that was obvious :)
>
> I had assumed that the web-site was also to be reviewed before being
> published, as some other projects do it that way.

Well, not sure it's worth the effort until you maintain one for
multiple versions.

> I don't think there is any need to have sha1 and md5 digests of the
> asc files.

That's the maven way I think

http://people.apache.org/builds/cocoon/org/apache/cocoon/cocoon-core/
2.2.0-RC1/

> The RAT report shows that there are quite a few non-trivial files that
> don't yet have Apache License headers - these should really be fixed
> before release.

Ehm ...what are those!? I only see the pom's, the properties files
and the package.html files without ASL header.
I would consider those trivial.

> Web-site
> It would be better if the Javadocs link opened in a new window,
> otherwise the navigation panel is lost. Likewise the two Xref links.
> See
>
> http://people.apache.org/~tv/jcs/maven-reports.html

I can look into that. But as the site is not part of the release that
should not block the release.

cheers
--
Torsten