commons-dev mailing list archives

From Florian Rampp <Florian.Ra...@strip2study.de>
Subject Proposal and question for handling of constants
Date Sun, 13 May 2007 20:22:45 GMT
Hello!

I've got one question and two proposals for commons validator!

1. Question: How can I get values for some constants out of the validator-framework? ValidatorResources.getConstants()
unfortunately is protected! But I want to use the constants I defined somewhere else!

2. Proposal: What about making the above method public for this reason?

3. Proposal: It would really be nice, if I could set the constants using a java properties
file!

4. Proposal: Am I right, that I currently can only use the javascript validation when I click
the submit button? What if I want to validate a field when the focus leaves this field?

Thanks a lot in advance!

Florian