commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <>
Subject Re: [all] Going TLP?
Date Wed, 02 May 2007 21:11:33 GMT
Sorry for the dumb question, I may have missed an important thread, but
what do we gain exactly by moving to a TLP ? What will be different ? I
can see the external aspects like a new web site, new mailing lists and
the loss of the Jakarta brand, but I doubt we are moving just for this.
Will this new structure help us attract more users or more contributors,
and how ? Will we release more components, more frequently ? Will this
improve the quality and the visibility of the projects ?

Thank you for enlightening me.

Emmanuel Bourg