commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Dustin Whitney" <dustin.whit...@gmail.com>
Subject JXPath setting values with predicates
Date Tue, 08 May 2007 22:36:19 GMT
Hello,

    I like JXPath, but I'd like to make a change to the source, and I'm
hoping for some advice here.  When using the
JXPathContext.createPathAndSetValue() method on some Java beans, I get an
exception if something like:

/appQuestions[@detailGroup = 'Rental Reimbursement' and @detailName =
'Number']/detail

results in the predicate returning an null value.  But, using the same
createPathAndSetValue() method with that XPath when the predicate does not
result in null, works just fine.  I could easily turn my predicate into an
object if I were dumped into my AbstractFactory.createObject() method.  Can
anyone suggest what I might change to make that happen, or give a good
explanation as to why I should not do that?

Thanks,
Dustin