commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [SCXML] Feb '07 WD support
Date Sat, 28 Apr 2007 17:49:20 GMT
On 4/27/07, Ingmar Kliche <ingmar.kliche@googlemail.com> wrote:
> Rahul,
>
> nice to see that you are already working on the Feb '07 WD support. We
> really appreciate this! Thank you for your effort!
>
> How far are these changes?
<snip/>

Most of the "structural" changes for the core state machine bits are
done, for example, compare before [1] and after [2].

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/env/jexl/microwave-02.xml

[2] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/jakarta/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/src/test/java/org/apache/commons/scxml/env/jexl/microwave-04.xml

I do not intend to cover <anchor>s and rollback in the next minor
release (v0.7 -- since support is optional, and I don't think its
completely fleshed out ATM). There might be other odds and ends to be
taken care of, I'll be doing another scan of the latest WD for that.

> Do you plan to build a new release (e.g. 0.7) or
> do I need to check out from SVN to get the Feb '07 support?
<snap/>

A v0.7 would be good after these changes IMO, but its for the Commons
community to decide (I can propose the release). Thats probably going
to take a couple of months given that I'll be out of the country for
the next three weeks. For now, please build [3] from trunk [4]. All
feedback about the trunk is welcome.

[3] http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/scxml/building.html
[4] http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/jakarta/commons/proper/scxml/trunk/

> Currently I use
> rel v0.6 and I'd like to stay as close as possible with the W3C standard
> development. Are you going to send out some announcement once Feb '07 WD
> support is complete?

<snip/>

I wasn't planning on sending out such a note, but I might now.

-Rahul