commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Going TLP?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 18:40:24 GMT
> On 4/2/07, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip/>

> > +0 for waiting to do this until we have a clear idea of where the rest
> > of the Jakarta subprojects are going.
>
> Once we go TLP, I imagine a few would head in our direction, whereas
> until we go TLP there won't  be much of a decision made either way. I
> know I plan to suggest that the RDC taglib moves to Commons so it can
> be with SCXML (they're fairly tied aren't they?),
<snap/>

They're now decoupled (once we extracted the SCXML codebase out to
Commons). There is a dependency on Commons SCXML (the RDC taglib uses
it as one of the strategies to manage dialogs in speech applications).

Having said that, the RDC taglib is:
 * Fairly small
 * A library with a well-defined scope
 * Mostly in Java, the rest is JSP tag files

As you said, its going to be influenced by what goes in the
resolution. Is the proposed TLP strictly Java only? Is a JSP taglib a
Java library? Probably more Java than Ruby. Its for all of us to
decide these things, and make it part of the resolution. If it fits,
it should come.

> and then the other
> parts of Taglibs can be put gently to sleep (unsure on JSTL).

<snip/>

Doesn't look like there is any new JSTL development planned here. I do
intend to go through the RDC bugzilla and a couple of enhancement
requests in there, its not high priority ATM.

-Rahul