commons-dev mailing list archives

From Emmanuel Bourg <ebo...@apache.org>
Subject Re: svn commit: r529210 - in /jakarta/commons/proper/configuration/trunk/src: java/org/apache/commons/configuration/DatabaseConfiguration.java test/org/apache/commons/configuration/TestDatabaseConfiguration.java
Date Mon, 16 Apr 2007 20:42:15 GMT
Oliver Heger a écrit :
> I fear, making getConnection() package private is a binary incompatible
> change. So please revert this change.

This change is not binary compatible indeed, but the method was
protected, just introduced in configuration 1.4, and unlikely to be used
by anyone (getDatasource().getConnection() is preferable to get a
connection). I wish I could have seen this before the release, I'd like
to keep the API as clean as possible and prevent unnecessary classes and
methods in the javadocs, otherwise it's confusing for the users.

> +1 for the enhanced documentation!

I'm still catching up on the unread mails of the dev list, someone
complained about the lack of documentation for DatabaseConfiguration so
I wrote the javadoc. An entry in the userguide would be nice too.

Emmanuel Bourg