commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: [all] Going TLP?
Date Tue, 03 Apr 2007 22:00:33 GMT
+1 for c.a.o, since I think it is right thing for commons.

<Jakarta PMC Chair hat on>

I really regret this step is necessary and is the beginning of the end of Jakarta. Even though
this
process started earlier than this proposal, this process will make the end of Jakarta unavoidable.
always hoped flattening commons would be the new Jakarta, but the thought crossed my mind
I could
well be the last Jakarta PMC Chair.

Please understand that this proposal is *not* about Jakarta, but about commons, so instead
of voting
-1 on this proposal to prevent Jakarta to end, I prefer that everyone will continue to keep
involved
at Jakarta to move Jakarta to it's new role, whatever that may be. There are still a lot of
projects
that here that need your expertise, experience and spirit.

</Jakarta PMC Chair hat on>

Mvgr,
Martin