commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [parent-pom] versions
Date Mon, 02 Apr 2007 20:53:26 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> On 4/2/07, Torsten Curdt <tcurdt@apache.org> wrote:

>> ...and then have the project define the reports they want?
>
> Sorry - plugin versions.
>
> Or is that the problem now, you can't use a version that's tied to
> your Maven installation because said plugin is not a part of the core
> system?

Speaking of Maven 2 here. The Maven installation doesn't contain any
plugins, they are downloaded when they are needed. Unless you specify
the version of a plugin that you want to use, you get the "latest"
version. This in turn is found in the metadata in the repository, from
which the plugin is downloaded.

--
Dennis Lundberg