commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jxpath] svn commit: r509378 [1/2] - in /jakarta/commons/proper/jxpath/trunk/src/java/org/apache/commons/jxpath: ./ ri/ ri/axes/ ri/compiler/ ri/model/ ri/model/beans/ ri/model/container/ ri/model/dom/ ri/model/dynabeans/ ri/model/dynamic/ ri/mod
Date Sat, 03 Mar 2007 20:40:08 GMT
On 2/19/07, mbenson@apache.org <mbenson@apache.org> wrote:
> Author: mbenson
> Date: Mon Feb 19 15:24:43 2007
> New Revision: 509378

> Log:
> bulled through JXPath codebase to get a little better familiarity; tiny refactorings
and removals of unnecessary elses, etc. along the way

<snip/>
> -            if (parentContext != null) {
> -                return parentContext.getDecimalFormatSymbols(name);
> -            }
> -            return null;
> +            return parentContext == null ? null : parentContext.getDecimalFormatSymbols(name);
<snap/>

Unless in corner cases (such as parts of this commit humoring
checkstyle etc.), I am of the opinion that such refactorings shouldn't
be undertaken on released code.

I am not against the changes in this commit, but generally believe
that such changes are subjective, and could lead to vacuous round
trips if it became more widespread practice.

Thanks for your help with [jxpath].

-Rahul