commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Oliver Zeigermann" <oliver.zeigerm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Commons Transaction 1.2
Date Sun, 04 Mar 2007 18:56:24 GMT
2007/3/4, Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com>:
> On 3/4/07, Oliver Zeigermann <oliver.zeigermann@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hi Niall!
> >
> > Thanks for checking that.
> >
> > The jars are the new ones from David, yes. But AFAIK you can not get
> > them over the standard Maven repositories. It least I could not.
> > That's why they are in the distro.
> >
> > That can be changed with the next release (1.3 or 1.2.1) when the jars
> > can be retrieved over the standard Maven repository.
> >
> > So, this is no objection to me, unless you vote with a -1 ;)
>
> Its not something that would cause me to vote against the release -
> but it does seem a shame, given the number of comments from others in
> everyone happy.

1.2 is not going to be the final version in history. AFAIK the policy
is "release early, release often". The main question to me is: Is this
1.2 release going to be better than the existing final 1.1? Or put the
other way round: Is it a good idea to replace 1.1 as the official
version with 1.2? And my answer: It is by all means!

That's why - INHO - removing the jars can wait until 1.3 or 1.2.1.

Cheers

Oliver