commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <pste...@apache.org>
Subject [VOTE] Release Commons DBCP 1.2.2 (reprise)
Date Sun, 25 Mar 2007 22:34:05 GMT
I have fixed the JRockit test compatibility issue raised during the first
DBCP 1.2.2 release vote and would like to kick off a new release vote based
on RC3, with links provided below.

Since RC2, the following changes have been made;

* Fixed JRockit test compatibility issue (tested with Linux versions of
jrockit-R27.1.0-jdk1.5.0_08,  jrockit-R27.1.0-jdk1.4.2_12, and
jrockit-jdk1.5.0_06)
* Added a note to release notes and README calling out the lack of JDK 1.6 /
JDBC 4.0 support
* Fixed 'Built-By' manifest attribute

The release zips/tarballs are here:

http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.2.2-RC3/<http://people.apache.org/%7Epsteitz/dbcp-1.2.2-RC1/>

Please note that, despite the release names, these distributions are *not*
official apache releases, so should be used only for inspection/verification
during the duration of this VOTE.

Release notes:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.2.2-RC3/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
<http://people.apache.org/%7Epsteitz/dbcp-1.2.2-RC1/RELEASE-NOTES.txt>

Web site:
http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/dbcp-1.2.2-RC3/docs/<http://people.apache.org/%7Epsteitz/dbcp-1.2.2-RC1/docs/>

The svn tag is DBCP_1_2_2-RC3.  Assuming a successful VOTE, I will copy the
tag to DBCP_1_2_2 and move the distributions above to the mirrors.

Votes, please.  The vote will close end of day (GMT) 28-March-2007.

Thanks!

Phil