commons-dev mailing list archives

From Stephen Colebourne <scolebou...@btopenworld.com>
Subject Re: [collections] Committing to collections-java5 branch
Date Sun, 11 Mar 2007 19:23:28 GMT
Stephen Smith wrote:
> 01. Removing all deprecated code - let's take the opportunity to shrink
> the size of the Commons Collections JAR while we can.
+1

> 02. Removing (*not* deprecating) methods specifically related to type
> safety pre-JSE5. I'm thinking of classes such as MapUtils here, whose
> methods such as MapUtils#getDouble have probably had their day.
+1, so long as we use a new package name

> 03. Checking our test case coverage, although I don't remember off the
> top of my head if Cobertura is plugged into standard Jakarta Commons
> components. Question: do we want to upgrade our test cases to JUnit 4 as
> well?
I've not used JUnit4 or TestNG, so can't comment on their usefulness

> 04. Porting generics into the remaining codebase.
+1

I think that this is a good balanced approach, although it will be
interesting to hear other feedback.

BTW, we'll need to throw away my current ramblings in the existing
generics branch, but thats no bad thing.

Stephen