commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [logging] 1.1.1 release?
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 22:33:00 GMT
Henri Yandell wrote:
> Anyone mind if I kick off a 1.1.1 release? It looks like it's utterly
> ready and just needs to be rolled and voted on.
>
> Hen

I've been meaning to do this for a long time. There are a couple of
questions to consider before rolling the release:

1. How should it be built?
Ant, Maven 1 or Maven 2. I've been working on the Maven 2 build and feel
confident about in it now. Was kind of hoping that logging-1.1.1 would
be the first commons release to use Maven 2, but I can be persuaded.

2. If we decide to use Maven 2 we should really change the groupId. This
needs to be carefully thought through.

Anyway, I'm here to assist in any way can, if you want to be release
manager for this.

--
Dennis Lundberg