commons-dev mailing list archives

From Martin van den Bemt <mll...@mvdb.net>
Subject Re: Seeking opinion RE IP issues
Date Fri, 09 Mar 2007 12:05:37 GMT
IANAL, so not going to give you advise on this scenario :) I tend to prevent this scenario,
by
starting an "open source" for such things. Most employers will say yes to this, especially
if you
invest a lot of your own time in creating this :)
I started doing it like this, since at a certain point in time, I was promised I could use
that code
base in any way I wanted and couldn't get permission when leaving that company.
(my project xulux is an example of this, although sadly enough I lack the time to work on
it)

Just some thoughts ;)

Mvgr,
Martin