commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <joerg.schai...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: [net] Latest 2.0 RC Ready
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 17:12:06 GMT
Hi Rory,

Rory Winston wrote:

> (Resending as I left out commons-user)
>
> Hi all
>
> I have cut a new RC, with some changes and fixes, many of which were
> distribution-related and suggested by Niall earlier (thanks Niall).
>
> RC (minus MD5s etc for now) is here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/
>
> Some users have been testing out this 2.0 branch for a while, so I'm
> going to kick off a vote pretty soon.
>
> Any comments welcome.
>
> Cheers
> Rory

I've checked the src-tar.gz and I can build the package with M2 and all
tests using Sun JDK 5 in Linux ... but

The POM triggers SNAPSHOT versions of plugins! You cannot release this. The
POM should also not define a SNAPSHOT repo at all.

Also there is a big lack of docs. Not even a simple introduction.

Minor topics:
- Javadoc: example packages?
- JIRA Report: Missing images

Cheers,