commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: VOTE: Release commons-fileupload 1.2 (3rd attempt)
Date Sat, 10 Feb 2007 17:05:08 GMT
Hi, Jörg,

On 2/10/07, Jörg Schaible <joerg.schaible@gmx.de> wrote:

> well, I tried hard to find the cause for this, but failed so far. If you
> look at the stack trace, it simply does not make sense also. Nevertheless
> when I run the test from within Eclipse with the JRockit 1.5 runtime, the
> ProgressListenerTest fails every 2nd execution in exactly the reported way.
> Due to some sysouts I know now, that it happens when the runTest is called
> the 2nd time *after* the first call to the listener. Unfortunately if you
> try to debug it, everything seems to work well. OTOH I am quite unfamiliar
> with the code ...
>
> Maybe you wanna try it youself, JRockit can be freely downloaded at
> http://commerce.bea.com/products/weblogicjrockit/jrockit_prod_fam.jsp

Could you please replace line 93 in the ProgressListenerTest with the following:

        	    /**
                 * This used to be
                 *     assertEquals((byte) j, (byte) istream.read());
                 * but this seems to trigger a bug in JRockit, so
                 * we express the same like this:
        	     */
                byte b1 = (byte) j;
                byte b2 = (byte) istream.read();
                if (b1 != b2) {
                    fail("Expected " + b1 + ", got " + b2);
                }

That seems to work for me, for whatever reason.

Jochen

--
How fast can a year go? As fast as your childs first year.