commons-dev mailing list archives

From Jörg Schaible <Joerg.Schai...@Elsag-Solutions.com>
Subject RE: m2 groupIds
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 08:23:49 GMT
Hi Hen,

Henri Yandell wrote on Tuesday, February 13, 2007 7:00 AM:

> Second try - having had it explained to me on #maven why relocating is
> important [so commons-lang:commons-lang 2.1 and
> org.apache.commons:commons-lang 3.0 are considered the same and a
> transitive clash can be recognized].
>
> So, second suggestion:
>
> We declare a point after which we won't do any more m1 releases. We'll
> move wholesale over to m2. On that day (or as near as we can), we run
> a script on all commons-*/ to do the relocation for all of them (
> http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html ).
>
> I know I'm clueless - so please change this to whatever the clueful
> one is. I think it's time for us to drop m1 and move to m2.

you cannot change the old POMs anymore, in that case this description is obsolete. The only
valid option is to use the new groupId with a new release and provide for this new release
a relocation POM at the former location. This was Carlos' advice after a two week hassle to
do such a transition with XStream.

- Jörg