commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Raymond, Brian" <braym...@echostorm.net>
Subject [Commons Configuration] using setProperty for <data> element on XML plist
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 21:59:51 GMT
I have been banging my head against the wall for hours trying to
write a <data/> element back into an OSX XML plist file. I use the
following to successfully read the element:

byte[] tmpByte = (byte[])settings.getProperty("node.name")

I then modify it but I cannot for the life of me figure out how to
cast it and write it back into the file using setProperty(). I'm at
the point where I Base64 encode it and write it out as a string but I
cannot get it back into <data>.  I have looked through the junit
tests, javadocs and online and the closest thing I found was a nested
class with an addDataValue() method that looks like it's built for
this but it warns that it's for internal use by the digester.

Thanks for reading, if anyone can provide a pointer I would be grateful.

Thanks,

- Brian