commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <>
Subject Re: [all] exceptions and localization
Date Sat, 03 Feb 2007 21:11:52 GMT
On 2/3/07, James Carman <> wrote:
> How does a calling application override the message, if they wish?

They could subclass and override translate() or, assuming we take your
suggestion and carry the data along, they could access the data and do
whatever they want with it.  I agree that it is a good idea to persist and
expose the key and parts.  I just also think it is good for getMessage() and
getMessage(Locale) to provide default localization out of the box.