commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] Releasing commons-parent pom version 2
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 11:54:42 GMT
On 2/10/07, Jochen Wiedmann <jochen.wiedmann@gmail.com> wrote:

> > They're not in the fileupload pom.xml - are they on SNAPSHOT versions
> > (knowing that both are kind of new, so not sure if they have fixed
> > versions)?
>
> They are on the special branch that I have created for the 1.2
> release. As I wrote in a previous thread, my intention is to merge the
> changes in that branch to commons-parent or to the commons-fileupload
> trunk later on.
>

> > The one thing I think we should avoid is allowing SNAPSHOT versioning
> > into our build system (or at the least it should block a release if
> > we're dependent on a SNAPSHOT plugin).
>
> Yes, of course. That's why I am currently pushing a release of the
> rat-maven-plugin.

There is also a ongoing vote on the maven dev list to release
maven-source-plugin - which should fix the MSOURCES-6 issue and allow
us to specify NOTICE/LICENSE as <resources> elements rather than using
the antrun plugin. I believe that will also mean that NOTICE/LICENSE
will then automatically be added to the sources jar as well.

Niall