commons-dev mailing list archives

From "nicolas de loof" <nicolas.del...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: m2 groupIds
Date Wed, 14 Feb 2007 08:19:15 GMT
That would'nt work anyway

If you allready downloaded commons-cc:1.1 and get (maybe transitiviely) a
dependency on org.apache.commons:cc:1.2, you will get both in your classpath
as maven will not kwon those tow groupIds are for the same artifact.

We can't expect maven to reload the 1.1 POM that is allready present in
local repository (an other cache/mirror/proxy)
We could only expect maven to know from the 1.2 POM that what the old
groupId was to establish the two artifacts are same. This requires some
changes in the POM format to include a section about artifact "history" in
maven repo.

Nico.