commons-dev mailing list archives

From Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maison...@free.fr>
Subject Re: [math] svn commit: r506585 [1/2]
Date Mon, 12 Feb 2007 22:01:18 GMT
Rahul Akolkar wrote :
> On 2/12/07, Luc Maisonobe <Luc.Maisonobe@free.fr> wrote:

>> Yes, it seems many files have strange settings. I use a Linux box and on
>> a fresh checkout, I get some files with DOS-like line endings. If I set
>> them to a line ending compliant with my local host, then set the
>> property to native and then commit the change, this will create
>> (hopefully only once) a huge diff. If I understand correctly, after that
>> change, further commits will not depend on contributor platform. Do you
>> want me to do that or is there a smarter way ?

> Sounds good, I had earlier missed that you also corrected the
> svn:eol-style!

I will reset the svn:eol-style property for a number of files soon. It
seems 38 text files in the [math] repository do not have any eol-style
property set. In my local worspace, they show up as 22 with DOS-like eol
(which is wrong in my box) and 16 with Unix-like eol (which is right in
my box).

I will try to fix everything in two steps for clarity in a few minutes.
You should expect a huge diff when the 22 DOS files will be checked in,
sorry for inconveniance.

Luc