commons-dev mailing list archives

From Rick Moynihan <r...@calicojack.co.uk>
Subject Launcher project status
Date Mon, 05 Feb 2007 13:34:07 GMT
Hi,

I recently submitted a bug report for the Launcher project, as well as a
  patch for an additional launcher feature.  Further to this I have
tried contacting some of the project developers listed at:

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/launcher/team-list.html

I have also tried some of the email addresses listed in the launcher
sources.  Unfortunately all my attempts have led to bouncing emails.
This has led me to wonder about Launcher's status within Apache.  I
realise that Launcher seems to suffer from a lack of community and
development, but I consider it to be a useful project, solving issues
which few other projects (to my knowledge) address.

Does anyone here know whether the Launcher project is dormant?  If so
why isn't it listed as such?  Does anyone know whether the original
developers are still active and/or contactable?

What is the best way to go about getting the feature requests and bug
fixes I speak of addressed?  Also If I were to manage to find the time
to address the bug I speak of how would I go about getting the changes
committed?

In many ways I find it hard to believe that Launcher isn't used more.
Is there another more popular alternative that I am not aware of?

Thanks for your help,

R.