commons-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From "Oliver Heger (JIRA)" <j...@apache.org>
Subject [jira] Resolved: (CONFIGURATION-181) [configuration] Conditional directives in property files
Date Fri, 02 Feb 2007 19:45:05 GMT

     [ https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-181?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel
]

Oliver Heger resolved CONFIGURATION-181.
----------------------------------------

       Resolution: Won't Fix
    Fix Version/s: 1.4

This issue has been hanging around for a long time now. Committers seem to agree that the
proposed addition should not be added to Commons Configuration, so I am closing this ticket
as wont' fix.

> [configuration] Conditional directives in property files
> --------------------------------------------------------
>
>                 Key: CONFIGURATION-181
>                 URL: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CONFIGURATION-181
>             Project: Commons Configuration
>          Issue Type: Improvement
>         Environment: Operating System: other
> Platform: Other
>            Reporter: Bogdan Calmac
>            Priority: Minor
>             Fix For: 1.4
>
>         Attachments: conditional_properties.patch
>
>
> This patch adds conditional directives to property files similar to C macros:
> %if, %elseif, %else, %end. 
> To illustrate the necessity and the syntax I will take as example a section of
> my hibernate configuration file. Switching between databases normally requires
> to comment/uncomment a lot of properties, and more importantly, cannot be done
> automatically at runtime.
> ## JNDI Datasource
> #hibernate.connection.datasource = jdbc/test
> #hibernate.connection.username = db2
> #hibernate.connection.password = db2
> ## HypersonicSQL
> hibernate.dialect = net.sf.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
> hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
> hibernate.connection.username = sa
> hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost
> ## PostgreSQL
> #hibernate.dialect = net.sf.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect
> #hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.postgresql.Driver
> #hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:postgresql:template1
> #hibernate.connection.username = pg
> #hibernate.connection.password
> ## JTA transactions
> #hibernate.transaction.factory_class =
> net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory
> #jta.UserTransaction = jta/usertransaction
> #jta.UserTransaction = javax.transaction.UserTransaction
> #jta.UserTransaction = UserTransaction
> ## JDBC transactions
> hibernate.transaction.factory_class =
> net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransactionFactory
> Here is now how it would look like with conditional directives. The only thing
> to change now is the property at the top of the file (which could be defined as
> a system property if you don't want to touch the file at all). Note that it uses
> nested directives.
> db = jndi
> %if db = jndi 
> ## JNDI Datasource
> hibernate.connection.datasource = jdbc/test
> hibernate.connection.username = db2
> hibernate.connection.password = db2
> ## JTA transactions
> hibernate.transaction.factory_class =
> net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JTATransactionFactory
> jta.UserTransaction = jta/usertransaction
> jta.UserTransaction = javax.transaction.UserTransaction
> jta.UserTransaction = UserTransaction
> %else
> ## JDBC transactions
> hibernate.transaction.factory_class =
> net.sf.hibernate.transaction.JDBCTransactionFactory
> %if db = hypersonic
> ## HypersonicSQL
> hibernate.dialect = net.sf.hibernate.dialect.HSQLDialect
> hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver
> hibernate.connection.username = sa
> hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:hsqldb:hsql://localhost
> %elseif db = postgres
> ## PostgreSQL
> hibernate.dialect = net.sf.hibernate.dialect.PostgreSQLDialect
> hibernate.connection.driver_class = org.postgresql.Driver
> hibernate.connection.url = jdbc:postgresql:template1
> hibernate.connection.username = pg
> hibernate.connection.password
> %end
> %end
> The directives used are:
> %if condition
> %elseif condition
> %else
> %end 
> The condition can be:
> property (true if the property is defined)
> property = value (values are interpolated)
> property != value
> For the implementation, I've replaced in PropertiesConfiguration.java the call
> to read a line from the file with  a new getNextLine() method which processes
> the conditional directives and returns the next property line. The method is
> noop unless the line starts with '%', so it should work just fine with files
> that do not use the directives.
> I've also added the TestPropertiesConfiguration.testConditionalDirectives() unit
> test which uses properties added at the end of test.properties.

-- 
This message is automatically generated by JIRA.
-
You can reply to this email to add a comment to the issue online.


---------------------------------------------------------------------
To unsubscribe, e-mail: commons-dev-unsubscribe@jakarta.apache.org
For additional commands, e-mail: commons-dev-help@jakarta.apache.org


Mime
View raw message