commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: m2 groupIds
Date Tue, 13 Feb 2007 06:00:17 GMT
Second try - having had it explained to me on #maven why relocating is
important [so commons-lang:commons-lang 2.1 and
org.apache.commons:commons-lang 3.0 are considered the same and a
transitive clash can be recognized].

So, second suggestion:

We declare a point after which we won't do any more m1 releases. We'll
move wholesale over to m2. On that day (or as near as we can), we run
a script on all commons-*/ to do the relocation for all of them (
http://maven.apache.org/guides/mini/guide-relocation.html ).

I know I'm clueless - so please change this to whatever the clueful
one is. I think it's time for us to drop m1 and move to m2.

Hen