commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <flame...@gmail.com>
Subject [all] Status of components
Date Wed, 07 Feb 2007 01:07:22 GMT
I made a stab of defining the current status for Commons for the
Jakarta board report:

http://wiki.apache.org/jakarta/JakartaBoardReport-current

Here's the summary. Any thoughts on the ?? marks and the dormancy
candidates? Feel free to add things to the wiki page. I've not added
all of this yet.

Attributes - Needs a new release, after that a dormancy candidate.
BeanUtils - Inactive. 1.8.0 slowly being worked on.
Betwixt - Just released.
Chain - ??
CLI - Inactive. Dormancy candidate?
Codec - Inactive.
Collections - Inactive - new releases discussed but not much movement.
Configuration - Active.
Daemon - ?? Dormancy candidate?
DBCP - 1.2.2 release in the works.
DbUtils - 1.1 release made. No plans for 1.2.
Digester - ??
Discovery - 0.4 release made, nothing new planned. Dormancy candidate.
EL - ?? Dormancy candidate?
Email - Maybe a 1.1 release in the works. Not much activity yet.
FileUpload - 1.2 release in the works.
IO - 1.3 just released.
Jelly - ?? Dormancy candidate?
Jexl - ?? Dormancy candidate?
JXPath - ?? Dormancy candidate?
Lang - 2.3 release in the works.
Launcher - Inactive. Dormancy candidate.
Logging - Needs a 1.1.1 release, no plans beyond that.
Math - Slow activity.
Modeler - Inactive - dormancy?
Net - New JDK 1.5 version in the works.
Pool - New version in the works.
Primitives - Inactive. Dormancy candidate?
SCXML - Active, just released.
Transaction - Release being discussed.
Validator - Active.
VFS - Active and releasing.

Dormant - Nothing likely to leave dormancy.

Sandbox - Nothing that looks like moving to proper anytime soon. Some
for dormancy (finder, id).