commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Henri Yandell" <>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Lang 2.3 RC1
Date Thu, 01 Feb 2007 20:33:22 GMT
Might have to stop the vote anyway as it looks like the refactoring to undid an optimisation issue.

On 2/1/07, Jörg Schaible <> wrote:
> Correction: Tests did *not* run:
> Testcase: testLang312(org.apache.commons.lang.time.DateFormatUtilsTest):
> It's the part of the fixture that tests the JDK ... maybe this should not be
> asserted and better be replaced by a simple sysout? In the end you cannot
> know what was changed/fixed by Sun in which JDK version (and if the
> assumption is valid for other JDKs) and it does not make sense to rely our
> tests on such a behavior.

How depressing. Yeah I think the best thing to do here is to test and
then print a WARNING rather than having JUnit fail.

> Jörg Schaible wrote:
> > +1
> >
> > Rebuild from the src package with Sun JDK 5 under Linux.
> >
> > Minor: I understand that the proposal is a historical document, but it
> > claims that c-lang is build on top of JDK 1.2 ... that might be confusing.

What do people think - update PROPOSALs or delete them?

To unsubscribe, e-mail:
For additional commands, e-mail:

View raw message