commons-dev mailing list archives

From Niklas Gustavsson <nik...@protocol7.com>
Subject Re: [net] Latest 2.0 RC Ready
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 16:40:48 GMT
Rory Winston wrote:
> (Resending as I left out commons-user)
>
> Hi all
>
> I have cut a new RC, with some changes and fixes, many of which were
> distribution-related and suggested by Niall earlier (thanks Niall).
>
> RC (minus MD5s etc for now) is here:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~rwinston/commons-net-2.0/
>
> Some users have been testing out this 2.0 branch for a while, so I'm
> going to kick off a vote pretty soon.
>
> Any comments welcome.

* I ran all our unit tests in FtpServer using both the full JAR and the
FTP-only JAR. Both works as expected.
* commons-net-ftp-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar got the LICENSE.txt file in the
root of the JAR rather that in META-INF as would be expected
* commons-net-ftp-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar is missing NOTICES.txt
* Having release notes in the bin and src distributions would be nice
* The bin distribution contains a readme about how to build, this would
not be that interesting in with the binaries.
* Signing would of course be needed for the release, but you already
noted that :-)

I'm really happy that this will be released, right now we build it on
out own for FtpServer.

/niklas