commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Jochen Wiedmann" <jochen.wiedm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re:svn commit: r493942 - /jakarta/commons/proper/commons-parent/trunk/pom.xml
Date Mon, 08 Jan 2007 10:17:49 GMT
Hi, Niall,

I would beg you to remove the changes you did in

    http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=jakarta-commons-dev&m=116823124228193&w=2

Reason: A similar section has already been in commons-parent in the
past. I have removed this section because of

    http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/MSOURCES-6

Your resources section triggers this bug and makes it impossible to
build a sources jar file with Maven 2. If that fact wasn't clear
enough from the comments you removed, then please be so kind to fix
them appropriately.

It is of course discussable, whether the NOTICE.txt and LICENSE.txt
files should always be added to the jar file. If so, I suggest simply
moving the invocation of the antrun plugin from the rc and release
profiles to the global section. My personal impression is, that most
developers would prefer not to loose the time for invoking ant in the
usual case.

Thanks,

Jochen

murder, yes, but divorce, never.