commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [sandbox] Using commons-skin for all components
Date Tue, 09 Jan 2007 19:49:46 GMT
On 1/4/07, Dennis Lundberg <dennis.lundberg@mdh.se> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Before I dive head-first into this I thought I'd ask first. I'd like to
> unify the M2 generated sites for all sandbox components, by making use
> of commons-skin. This would mean:
>
> 1. Make various changes to the sandbox-parent, which is currently
> located in sandbox-trunk:
> - Remove local style rules
> - Remove stuff that is inherited from commons-parent, most notably
> maven-classic-skin
>
> 2. Change pom.xml and site.xml for many sandbox components
> - Make sure inheritance is correct
> - Align navigation structure
> - Remove stuff that is inherited from sandbox-parent
>
> 3. Re-publish the sites for all sandbox components
> - Do "mvn site:deploy" for all sandbox components
> - Would like to move sandbox-parent to its own directory in SVN
> - If we feel that it's necessary at this time: release commons-skin,
> commons-parent and sandbox-parent
>

> Does this sound OK to you?

<snip/>

Thanks for all the changes so far.

Comments after a first pass:

(a) The artifactId for the sandbox parent should be sandbox-parent
(b) Some of the new files are missing license headers
(c) Not sure why we need to add release cycles to sandbox-parent as
mentioned above
(d) We should consider sandbox components inheriting from commons-parent

-Rahul