commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Rahul Akolkar" <rahul.akol...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [all] What's in a distribution?
Date Wed, 03 Jan 2007 17:50:52 GMT
<snip/>

> I dislike the website being put in the distributions. It's a cheap way
> to think you're documenting your project; but having the documentation
> in there is good. I think the solution to this part is to make our
> websites leaner (by moving things into Jakarta's site and nightly
> builds) so that what is left is a better fit for going in the
> distribution.

<snap/>

IIUC, the cheap bit you are refering to is treating ${reports} as the
entire documentation, though am not sure how much value there is in
breaking them off as you propose. In any case, components like [SCXML]
have a multi-page cross-referenced user guide that is best viewed via
a web browser, IMO, and that is unlikely to be distributed in any
other form in the near future.

-Rahul