commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Phil Steitz" <phil.ste...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [DBCP] 1.2.2 RC1 available for review
Date Mon, 29 Jan 2007 02:12:44 GMT

> On 1/28/07, Phil Steitz <phil.steitz@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > <snip/>
> > >
> > > Looks good. IMO, it'd be better if the artifacts contain the final
> > > version number when you call the vote.
> > >
> > > As nits, I'd also suggest:
> > > * Including filename in md5s
> > > * Building with JDK 1.3
> >

> > This presents a challenge, which I don't know exactly how to deal with.
> > The  last release (1.2.1) was build with  maven using jdk 1.4.  The ant
> > build works using 1.3, but does conditional compilation in that case to
> > target jdbc 2.0 and also adds the jdbc 2 stdext dependency.  Could be
> the
> > best thing to do is to add a note in the README indicating how to build
> > under 1.3.  Is that acceptable?
>
> Sounds much the same as DbUtils 1.1. It was built under 1.4 and the
> release manager was trusted to have checked that the 1.3 build works.
> Just in case something odd crept in JDK wise.

I have both built and run tests on 1.3.  Just so we are clear, I assume that
since we can't practically build [dbcp] on 1.3, I assume it is OK to build
it using 1.5, rather than 1.4 as in the previous release.  I could cut the
release using 1.4, but don't see the value in that.  Can anyone else?
Thanks for the feedback.

Phil