commons-dev mailing list archives

From "Niall Pemberton" <niall.pember...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: [jxpath] 1.3
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 16:40:51 GMT
On 1/5/07, Matt Benson <gudnabrsam@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- Niall Pemberton <niall.pemberton@gmail.com> wrote:
> [SNIP]
> > I've just updated the JXPath maven1 build to bring
> > it up to date with
> > current commons practices (site should be available
> > to see in a couple
> > of hours after the next sync)

> Whew!  I'm glad I didn't have to do *THAT*.  For
> obvious reasons my Maven-fu is at a level of about
> 0.5% .  ;)  Thanks for all your work so far, Niall.
>
> > I think the next thing to do is review the
> > outstanding JIRA tickets
> > and assign those that need to be resolved to 1.3 or
> > post 1.3 (I've
> > created versions for both these for JXPath)
> >

> My personal evaluations:
>
> Straightforward, easy fixes for 1.3:
> JXPATH-75
> JXPATH-73
> JXPATH-38
> JXPATH-12
>
> Issues that can probably be resolved by virtue of
> their already containing solutions in varying degrees
> of completeness/readiness for integration (I will try
> to have a look at these):
> JXPATH-68
> JXPATH-50
> JXPATH-10
>
> Issues that should be looked at to further determine
> severity/simplicity to fix (again, I'll try to check
> into):
> JXPATH-20
> JXPATH-69
>
> JXPATH-71 should be marked as a duplicate of JXPATH-5.
>  JXPATH-74 should be closed as invalid by the
> submitter's recommendation.  Finally, JXPATH-67 should
> almost certainly be deferred for now.

Good stuff - I've updated Jira with your initial review - which
provides a plan of action - 8 issues to sort out, 3 to decide about
and 1 for the future:

  http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/JXPATH

The other task to sort out is release notes of changes since the last
release in August 2004! I uploaded a changes reports shows all commits
since the last release and where the commits referenced a Bugzilla Id
- I updated the Jira ticket to add 1.3 as the fix version. So Jira can
give us the starting point for the release notes - except for a number
of commits which didn't have an issue#

http://jakarta.apache.org/commons/jxpath/changelog-report.html

http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=158012 (related to r157432)
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=158013 (related to r157432)
http://svn.apache.org/viewvc?view=rev&revision=329482 (related to r329481)

I think the first place to start is to try and see if any of the above
match with existing closed tickets - I'll have a look at that.

Niall

P.S. I'm happy to help with getting build/site stuff fixed and the
mechanics of getting a release out - but I don't know I'll actually
find time to fix bugs - hopefully we'll get you doing that :-)