commons-dev mailing list archives

From "nicolas de loof" <nicolas.del...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: REPOST [attributes 2.2] Missing optional package Extension
Date Fri, 05 Jan 2007 08:06:41 GMT
The manifest.mf in SVN contain a "Created-By: Apache Maven" but I never got
maven include such "Extension-List" in my manifest. The one generated by the
maven build don't include them. It seems the "
maven.jar.manifest.extensions.add" option creates those entries in manifest.
Maybe this property was set on the debian box used to build attributes 2.2 ?

>From maven jar plugin doc :
"
maven.jar.manifest.extensions.add      : Tells Maven to add extension
information to the jar manifest. This can cause some applications to break,
so it has been disabled by default. An Implementation-Vendor-Id attribute
will be added for each dependency that has a <vendorId> element set in its
<properties> section. Set to true to enable extension information.
"
Seems using such extension is not recommended...

I've used maven (not ant) to build on Windows. I can't test on a Mac.

I've checked for 1.4 methods by importing api/compiler/unittest into eclipse
and setting JRE to 1.3 : There is no compile requirement for Java 1.4
Maybe those compiler options have been set to allow compilation under Java5
JDK.

The ant build.xml contains source="1.4" target="1.4" for the Javac task.
I've trie building with source="1.3" target="1.3" and it passed

Nico.