commons-dev mailing list archives

From "nicolas de loof" <nicolas.del...@gmail.com>
Subject REPOST [attributes 2.2] Missing optional package Extension
Date Thu, 04 Jan 2007 07:52:31 GMT
Hello,

I'm using commons-attributes with Spring on a Java 1.4 application.
I've included commons-attributes-api 2.2 (from maven repo)

I get this Tomcat exception on startup :
LifecycleException:  Missing optional package Extension[ant,
implementationURL= http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ant/jars/ant-1.5.jar,
implementationVersion=1.5]

The commons-attributes MANIFEST contains those lines :
Extension-List: ant qdox
ant-Extension-Name: ant
ant-Implementation-Version: 1.5
ant-Implementation-URL: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/ant/jars/ant-1.5.jar
qdox-Extension-Name: qdox
qdox-Implementation-Version: 1.5
qdox-Implementation-URL: http://www.ibiblio.org/maven/qdox/jars/qdox-1.5.jar

I don't know what this "Extension-List" is and why is it required by
commons-attributes. AFAIK, the API doesn't require those libs anyway (only
the compiler do).

Is this a bug, and what would be a workaround ?
AFAIK there is no development anymore on commons-attributes, so I can't ask
for a 2.2.1 to correct this. How to handle this "Extension-List" ?

I've added ant and qodx in my WEB-INF/lib with no result.

Nico.