commons-dev mailing list archives

From Dennis Lundberg <denn...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [nightly build] betwixt finder failed.
Date Sun, 07 Jan 2007 18:45:20 GMT
Phil Steitz wrote:
> On 1/7/07, Dennis Lundberg <dennisl@apache.org> wrote:
>>
>> psteitz@apache.org wrote:
>> > Failed build logs:
>> >
>> http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/commons-nightlies/20070107/betwixt.log
>> > http://people.apache.org/~psteitz/commons-nightlies/20070107/finder.log
>>
>> The Maven 2 installation running the nightly builds needs to upgrade its
>> jar-plugin to version 2.1, otherwise Phil's changes to the parent pom
>> will cause this failure for finder or other M2 builds.
>

> What is the best way to do that?  Wouldn't it be best to put the explicit
> versioned dependency in the pom(s) that need it?  I don't like having
> builds
> depend on local setups. I guess if its maven itself that  needs to be
> upgraded we can doc that somewhere and do it, but if its a plugin, we
> learned the hard way with m1 that its best to specify these in the poms.

Yes I've thought about this some more and I agree that the best thing
would be to lock down the versions in a parent pom somewhere, preferably
commons-parent. That way we will have reproducible builds no matter runs it.

> Also, what changes to the parent are you talking about?

Maven-jar-plugin stopped adding Implementation-* and Specification-*
stuff in the manifest by default starting with version 2.1. You're
probably using that new version locally and have not noticed anything.
The log says there is a duplicate Implementation-Title.

--
Dennis Lundberg